Apply for the job
Salary up to £35K (dependent on experience) + Benefits.
A vacancy currently exists to join our dynamic and agile team. The role is extremely diverse and will involve a range of 2nd and 3rd line support both home based and onsite at client premises along with involvement in project based work for deployments and system upgrades.
This is a challenging and diverse role which requires excellent communication, presentation and time management skills and the ability to liaise with users up to and including board level directors.
Candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial IT support, ideally with some exposure to small business or multi-site environments. Flexibility and a willingness to “eat, sleep and live” technology are essential to integrate with our fun and lively team. Some anti-social hours maybe required, including on-call and weekend working by arrangement.
The role is intended to be home based and the ideal candidate will be within 15 minutes of M25 Junction 7/8/9 and at client sites across the South East and Greater London. An initial probationary period of work will be required at one of our office locations after which home working facilities and formal training opportunities will be provided. Own car and full driving license required.
This opportunity will require the candidate to:
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line telephone support using a range of remote access technologies and techniques.
- Attend customer sites to resolve issues or provide regular scheduled maintenance to their network infrastructure.
- Consult with client representatives on appropriate solutions for their business and provide pre-sales support to assist with the selection of new products.
- Undertake deployment and maintenance projects for servers, workstations and other IT infrastructure, including our datacentre based hosting platform.
- Maintain suitable documentation and detailed trouble tickets for clients as required.
- Mentoring junior members of staff both on site and remotely where necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Microsoft Windows desktop and server experience to MCSE/ MCITP level with a proven track record of desktop and server support.
- SBS 2003 / 2008 / 2011 experience preferable but not essential.
- Desktop productivity applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Sage etc. with strong remote support skills.
- Solid IP networking, (Network + / CCNA level) with exposure to: Ethernet switches, routers (DSL / Ethernet), Firewalls and a wide range of Internet access technologies (xDSL / Fibre / EFM / cable / satellite / WiMax)
- Experience of maintaining HP / Dell servers • Exposure to remote access technologies – VPN / SSLVPN / Firewall agnostic support tools such as Webex and TeamViewer.
- Macintosh support skills to basic troubleshooting / installation level
- Knowledge of IP telephony products, Avaya IP Office skills desirable.
- Virtualisation using VMWare ESX and HyperV. VCP Desirable but not essential.